Thank you for choosing YUME scooters. Here at YUME, we care about our customers and have designed our warranty program to give customers peace of mind when purchasing our products. We operate a reliable after sales service team, a 6-month defect warranty and a 12-month wear warranty policy, ensuring owning a scooter is a smooth and reliable process. In the odd event that issues do occur, we designed these policies to be generous and support our customers in getting the necessary help as quickly as possible. Please read on for further details.
*The warranty application must be made during the warranty period.If the defect is not reported within this period, the components will not be covered by warranty, Replacement parts may still be purchased at cost.
*The warranty period starts from the date the customer receives the scooter and ends when it expires. Note that the warranty qualification is not transferable and is reserved for the original buyer (the recipient of the order) only. The warranty expires when your scooter is resold or transferred to someone else.
*YUME warranty only applies to scooters purchased from this site. If you purchase a scooter from a dealer, please contact the dealer.
6 MONTHS LIMITED WARRANTY
12 MONTHS WEAR PROTECTION
14 DAYS UNUSED RETURN
YUME RIDING GUARANTEED
6 Months Limited Warranty
All YUME Scooters, are covered with a limited warranty against manufacturing defects for a period of 6 months, starting the day the scooter is received by the customer.
The limited warranty is only applicable to specific components. which includes the following:
- Motor hub
- Lithium ion battery
- LED front lights
- Scooter stem
- LCD display and wiring
The warranty is applicable for the following components only if defects are reported within the first 30 days or 10KM/MILES of use (whichever comes first):
- Brake discs
- Brake callipers
- Side Light Strip
Any defect report must include an image or video, proving the existence of the defect. Please kindly submit a "Product Issue Request" by contacting our support team via Live Chat or email at (firstname.lastname@example.org) .Our engineering team will review the request and attempt to get back to you within two business days.
Limited Warranty does not Cover the following:
- Normal wear and tear of all components
- The cost or shipping of another scooter box (owners responsibility to keep the original box or purchase a new box if needed due to replacement or repair)
- Damage or defects caused by negligence, improper assembly, modifications, accidents, misuse, improper tools, acts of god, failure to follow user manual/set up guides, water damage, improper cleaning solutions, improper maintenance (storage during winter for example), extreme/stunt driving, commercial use, unauthorized accessories, upgrades not sold by YUME
- Accessories or upgrades
- Screws, loss of screws, stripped screws due to over forcing
- Battery failures due to water damage, improper charging, power surges, after market chargers or lack of proper winter storage (75% battery capacity in room temperature)
- Unauthorized service centre repairs or parts will not be covered if damage, failure or loss occurs
- Any refunds or incurred costs such as Uber rides, public transportation, loss of time, consequential, special, punitive or incidental loss, damage to personal property
- Any product rusting, blemishes, loss of colour due to environmental exposure over time of usage
- Any orders that have received a chargeback and that are currently under investigation (until the resolution is solved, warranty will be void)
- Scooters not purchased directly on this website, such as other platforms, scooters resold by others, third-party platforms, etc.
12 Months Wear Protection
All scooters purchased directly from Yumeway are eligible for up to 12 Months of ride wear protection to cover possible wear and tear issues. This protection plan’s coverage only covers the following components and does not include any shipping fees:
- Only pay for the shipping cost, covered spare parts are replaced free.
- Brake pads
- Inner tubes
The 12 month wear protection may only be engaged under the following circumstances:
- Customers are limited to 2 inner tubes or pads within one month . If the scooter has travelled 500KM/MILES or more, the customer is limited to 2 brake pads.
- The warranty is limited to the original purchaser. If you sell your YUME scooter, the warranty cannot be transferred to a new owner.
- The warranty only applies to scooters purchased from this site.
YUMEWILL NOT PROCEED WITH ASSISTANCE UNDER THE LIMITED WARRANTY WITHOUT RECEIVING A VIDEO OR IMAGE SHOWING THE CLAIMED DEFECT FIRST.
In order to confirm the existence of any defects and solve all problems quickly, you will need to send a video showing the defects to our online chat or the YUME support email (email@example.com). Our sales team will review the video and contact you to confirm the issue within two working days. After confirming the defect, we will send you the replacement parts and written/video instructions YUME may also offer face-to-face online guidance on how to repair or replace the component.
If you do not have the time or ability to repair it yourself, you may use one of our repair centers (labor is free). However, you will be responsible for shipping costs, taxes and obtaining the scooter box if you have disposed of the original box. You may also take the scooter to the service center yourself if need be. Please contact us to determine your nearest service center.
- The repair service must first receive a video or image showing the alleged defect. In the case of failing this procedure, YUME will not be able to continue to provide you with the limited warranty services.
- Please note that any form of harassment or assault of YUME employees or YUME certified technicians is not permitted and may result in your warranty declared void.
- The above settlement is YUME's sole and exclusive remedy for any limited warranty claim made by the customer. YUME will not be liable for any damage or loss caused directly or indirectly in the process.
Given the technicality associated with products like electric scooters, we request that customers exercise due diligence in maintaining their chosen scooter before purchasing one. Electric scooters always need to to have all screws and bolts tightened, cleaned to avoid rust and squeaky brakes, and properly stored in winter (75% battery capacity in room temperature).
If you have any maintenance problems, our team is always here to help. Please contact us if unsure before trying to do it yourself. Customers are required to keep their scooter’s original box in case the scooter needs repair. The scooter needs to be returned in its original packaging.
If any portion of your order is missing or not correct (a missing accessory or incorrect scooter received), please message our team within the first 14 business days of receipt to get a free replacement. Disclaimer: Important to note, if the accessory or scooter is used within those 14 business days, YUME will not be able to exchange the product for you but offer a refund to match the items received. For any questions or comments, our team is always here and happy to help (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our goal is to offer you the best shipping options, no matter where you live. We deliver to hundreds of customers across the world every day, and we strive to provide you with services of the highest level.
1. Page price contains US & EU shipping & duty cost.
(*Other areas may be subject to additional tax and shipping costs)
2. The time frame of an order delivery is divided into two parts:
- Processing time: 1-3 Business days
- Shipping time:
US & EU : [If In Stock] 3-7 business days via local warehouse
UK : 7-10 business days via EU warehouse
Canada : 7-10 business days via USA warehouse
[From China] 20~40 natural days via sea shipping
Russia 20-30 business days (except remote areas）
To Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Singapore 7-15 business days
If an order is a pre-order or custom order, the lead time will be noted on the product page.
Due to different regional freight and shipping related costs, some products have different prices in different countries.
Please select an area that matches the shipping location when purchasing.
Shipping method: DPD/FedEx
In the event of Covid-19 lockdowns, there may be some delays in the delivery.
The above are approximate delivery schedules based on our past experiences. We strive to provide the very best shipping service to ensure that our products arrive at their destination on time. At times delivery may be slightly delayed due to customs clearance, public holidays, bad weather, airline strikes, etc. Our shipping service will always keep you updated on the shipping status of your order.Thank you for your understanding.
SCOOTER SAFETY TIPS
YUME recommends that all electric scooter owners be properly equipped with the appropriate safety gear and familiarise themselves with their new vehicle. High performance electric scooters are not toys and should be given due respect and care during use. Understand your scooter's performance capabilities by starting at the lowest gear initially, gradually increasing gears as you feel comfortable. Initial torque and speeds may surprise new owners.
Follow Your Local Traffic Laws
- Always yield to pedestrians for their safety and yours.
- Make the appropriate turning signal when you’re planning to change directions.
- Always follow the traffic light signals.
- Please be aware of the local driving regulations that pertain to you.
Do you have a servicing location in the US?
Before you call us or our partner shops to make an appointment, please chat or send an email to our YUME team representative and we'll will get back to you within 24 hours. Our team will diagnosis the problem and advise you on the next steps. If expert repair is required, you will be directed to our service point.
For any additional questions, please contact our YUME-TEAM at (email@example.com)
Are flat tires and punctures covered by the warranty
Flat tires and punctures are not wholly covered under our warranty as it can be hard to anticipate or guarantee lifespan or protection. However, you can still get replacement parts under our YUME Protection plan for just the cost of shipping. Learn more the "12 Months Wear Protection".